Fairfield University students may take part in an International Internship in many of our locations abroad. This unique opportunity will allow the student to develop international business skills for the working world. The Internship gives students:
- a chance to experience how business is conducted first-hand in another country,
- an understanding of a new culture and society,
- and in some cases, is an opportunity to improve one's ability to speak a foreign language.
There are two types of internship programs offered by Fairfield University.
- Center Program On-Site Internships offered through the Fairfield University Center Programs in Aix-en-Provence, Brisbane and Florence. These Centers have program specific offerings unique to their Center location and programming.
- Global Experience International Internship Program in Barcelona, Florence and Sydney. Fairfield University is pleased to announce a partnership Global Experiences(GE) to offer interested students part-time internships during their study abroad experience at these approved Fairfield University. Founded in 2001 and solely dedicated to internship programming GE offers international internship placements between 8 weeks (summer) and 15 weeks (semester) in nearly every career field imaginable. With an intense focus on career development, GE utilizes its unique partnership with Gallup Education to offer the Clifton StrengthsFinder® to all participants. This career development program includes personalized coaching for each participant, group webinars, and professional document reviews, as well as on the ground workshops and networking events.
- ACU - Brisbane
- Sydney (With Global Experience)
- IQS - (With Global Experience)
- Florence - Global Experience
- FUA- Florence
- Beijing Center - (is NOT with Global Experience)
- Washington Internship Institute
- CIEE Brussels (Business/Communication/Culture)
- CIEE Berlin - Open Program
For more information contact Patricia Pivarnik, Associate Director, in the Office of Study Abroad.