Fairfield Students DSB Nominated
Updated: August 18, 2020.
This information is correct as of August 18. The information below is subject to change and guidance may be updated based on government advice.
Program DatesArrival: January 16
Orientation: January 16 - 25
Classes Begin: January 26
Orientation Field Trip: January 30
Spring Break: March 13 – March 21
Easter Break: April 2 – April 5
Classes End: May 3
Exam Period: May 4 – May 7
Departure: May 9
Program DetailsIAU-ACM COVID-19 Preparedness Plan - August 18 2020.pdf
- IAU will place a cap on course enrollments when needed to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Classrooms will be structured to meet social distancing standards and will be cleaned and disinfected between class sessions (class schedules will be modified to have longer breaks between classes and allow time for cleaning rotations)
- All building facilities will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily
- IAU will enforce any local/national government PPE requirements for individuals in IAU facilities.
- Taking temperature of all students, faculty, staff, and administration prior to entry into facilities
- For the Spring 2021 term, IAU is working to guarantee face-to-face classes. As a consequence, there may be a reduction in the availability of places in classes.
- No international travel will be permitted. Regrettably, we will not be able to offer the Morocco excursion for the Spring 21 term.
- Given these changes, Global Fairfield has worked closely with the Dolan School of Business to modify the IAU semi-prescribed curriculum for our DSB nominated students for the Spring 2021 semester. Our goal is to ensure you have a reflective and enriching experience, which provides you with an international perspective through coursework and an opportunity for domestic travel. DSB nominated students will enroll in the following during their semester abroad:
- 1 French Course
- 1 Business Core
- 1 course that includes domestic travel
- 1 course of your choosing (Major, Minor, Core, Elective, etc)
- The courses available to Fairfield students for the Spring, and how the courses are approved, can be found below. Students may only select from these courses.
- Students are to use the Global Study Form found below to create their proposed schedule. Once created, students are to schedule an appointment with Director Spencer in the Dolan School of Business Dean's Office to ensure the coursework you select will progress you academically.