Updated: August 18, 2020.
This information is correct as of August 18. The information below is subject to change and guidance may be updated based on government advice.
Program DatesArrival: January 16
Orientation: January 16 - 25
Classes Begin: January 26
Orientation Field Trip: January 30
Spring Break: March 13 – March 21
Easter Break: April 2 – April 5
Classes End: May 3
Exam Period: May 4 – May 7
Departure: May 9
Program DetailsIAU-ACM COVID-19 Preparedness Plan - August 18 2020.pdf
- IAU will place a cap on course enrollments when needed to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Classrooms will be structured to meet social distancing standards and will be cleaned and disinfected between class sessions (class schedules will be modified to have longer breaks between classes and allow time for cleaning rotations)
- All building facilities will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily
- IAU will enforce any local/national government PPE requirements for individuals in IAU facilities.
- Taking temperature of all students, faculty, staff, and administration prior to entry into facilities
- For the Spring 2021 term, IAU is working to guarantee face-to-face classes. As a consequence, there may be a reduction in the availability of places in classes.
- Once students notify our office of their interest to proceed, candidates will be provided with new timelines and registration instructions.
- The courses available to Fairfield students for the Spring, and how the courses are approved, can be found below. Students may only select from these courses.
- Please remember, you are required to take a French language course or a course taught in French. If you are taking a 6 credit French course, that will fulfill TWO-course selections. You may only be enrolled in a maximum of 15 credits. Courses taught in French that are 300-400 level require students to have completed Fairfield’s French FRE 211 or higher.
- Students are to use the Global Study Plan Form below to identify their remaining curriculum requirements and the equivalent courses abroad that fulfill these requirements.
As the IAU program is over 90 days, United States citizens studying abroad for the Spring 2021 semester will be required to obtain a visa. IAU France will provide students with the necessary information and instructions on obtaining a visa upon acceptance into their program. It is imperative all students be attentive to their emails for this information.
Students must agree to the responsible engagement policy that while attending the study abroad program, students must adhere to policies on limited travel put into place to ensure the safety and success of the program for each and all students. Students must also attend all MANDATORY program events being offered for Fairfield University students. It is strongly advised students do not make any travel arrangements prior to the first week of classes. Please do not purchase any tickets or schedule any travel until after reviewing the programming calendar as well as learning of course requirements on-site and your internship hours, where applicable.
All students must agree to the following Responsible Engagement Policy. Please review and consider when making your decision to pursue an opportunity to study abroad. Approved Candidates will be required to sign a document agreeing to the Policy.